If you work in a workplace atmosphere, you have to make sure that you have appropriate workwear that makes you feel confident and comfortable in your skin. Workwear should be on point as it’s the first impression to express professionalism and express interest in the work environment. You cannot look like a boring office employee since wearing the right clothes motivates you more and gives you that early morning energy.
Whether you are a businesswoman or a qualified worker, who is always busy in the meetings with clients, you better look at the compilation of great workwear. These workwear outfits can cheer up your every day at the office that can be slain any day of the week.
Let’s first understand the office dress code from different perspectives as every work environment has its values and rules which should be followed.
What is an office dress code?
The office dress code defines the formality of the office wear, which is different for every company. Most workplaces don’t have written office code, but instead, it’s conveyed by using broader terms like the business professional, business formal or business casual. Understanding each category’s depth will make you know the meaning, and then you will come to know which is applied in your case.
- Business professional Dress code This is the traditional form of dress code which is the most conservative form of office wear. You need to stringently follow the formal business dress code that perfectly fits your everyday work clothing. Such office wear is most common in finance, banking, law, or government industries, mostly pantsuit, button-downs, pencil skirts, or blazers. If it’s essential to wear high heels with closed toe along with it to look presentable or you can pick a nice pair of loaders.
- Business Formal dress code This is the dressed-up version of business professional, and the only difference is that the dress code is reserved for business events, awards or benefit dinners. To follow this dress code, workwear consists of a dark-coloured pantsuit, skirt suit and dress shirt. Compliment it with dress shoes and simple jewellery to get that minimalist work attire.
- Business Casual dress code This is less restrictive as you can somewhat dress up according to the outside work. Business casual doesn’t mean entirely casual but to strike a balance between formal and everyday office wear. It usually includes a collared shirt with a sweater and khakis, chinos or a pencil skirt at the bottom. It is best complemented with a blazer, black denim and stick to sneakers or close toe shoes.
- Casual vs Smart Casual Office Wear Smart casual clothing is a better version of casual office wear that is more suitable for interviews, client meetings, and everyday workplace events. This type of workwear usually consists of trendier pieces like a jumpsuit, blazer and high-end footwear.
Now, you have understood all the office wear dress codes; let’s discuss top ideas for your next work outfits gathered by us.
- Wide Pleated Hanging Blouse This is a blouse for smart-casual women who prefer to make a mark at your office place. The wide pleated hanging blouse is great for modern women and an environment that follows the smart casual dress code. This blouse will make you feel motivated and confident in your place. This top can complement black pants or a pencil skirt as a bottom and for shoes goes for sneakers or close toe shoes.
2. Velvet Button Down Button downs are great for any workplace, which is another example of business casual workwear which can make you feel empowered. This is an improved version of the typical black button-down. Velvet fabric makes it unique and gives it a sleek finish to be tucked in chinos or baggy pants. Dress up this velvet work dream with black denim and embellish the final look with a fancy belt. Finish the entire face with close toe shoes and pumps.
3. Buttoned coat Fulfil your white dream with a buttoned fitted coat specially designed for smart casual women or formal business code. This is a very versatile coat which can be paired with many forms of bottoms and basics to recreate looks for your every meeting. You can ace every outfit either for a laid-back style or very formal style. Pull off white pants and high pencil heels for proper workwear attire. Another option is that you can go for black jeans and white sneakers to level-up your outfit game.
4. Button-down waist tie shirt If you wish to have something which speaks your personality and do more talking than you, then button-downs with waist tie can perfectly suit your needs. A smart casual women blouse with collars and finely finished cuffs can be transformed into formal and professional workwear. Top it with a black blazer and tuck inside black pants with pump heels for business professional work attire. For a more smart-casual style, pair it with pleated skirt and sneakers for a comfortable, relaxing work outfit.
5. Long Sleeves white blazer Make your 9 to 5 job more enjoyable by slipping yourself into white blazer to give 100% to your office work. Clothes play a significant role in making you feel easy and comfortable with your workplace, so it’s essential to choose wisely. Pair a blazer for a tailored fit with mom jeans and sneakers to appeal to anyone with a boss babe look. You can further amplify your style with pearl or crystal studs.
6. Long sleeves front closure silk top Pleated long sleeves silk top is designed to make sure that you are achieving your daily work goals. Such workwear blouses with long sleeves can be suitable for more formal office code. This can be paired with black flared pants to straight-cut pants which are entirely on your taste. Another option is to complement it with the mini-fit skirt and black see-through leggings to stand out from all other women in your office.
7. Polka Dot Midi dress A perfect modest midi dress with polka dots and collar can be suitable for smart-casual women dress code. Midi dresses are an epitome of fine work fashion to give your next business presentation like a professional. Midi dresses are easy to carry without getting comfort and dress code being compromised. The polka dots give you a flashback of 80’s fashion which can revive again if you dress appropriately. Tie your hair into a sleek ponytail or middle parting to get a clean look. Pair it with ankle strap heels.
8. Sleeveless open collar blouse As summers are approaching, we have to update our workwear accordingly. A classic cotton sleeveless collar blouse can be dressed as formal and casual, depending on your office dress code. You can achieve a corporate look by adding a pair of black pants and blazer over it while for a more smart casual women style, we recommend pairing it with wide-leg pleated pants.
9. Long sleeves white button-down A classic white button-down is a must-have in your workwear collection. White button-down can never go wrong and is the right choice for every working woman who wants to exude her power with pride. It’s an essential wardrobe that can be dressed up with heels or not; that is your choice. If you want a modern smart-casual style, then pair this white button-down with a bustier and black pants to ace that business casual dress code. If you’re going to dress up like a professional, then slip in a midi fitted skirt and high nude heels with a waistcoat can give you that bossy manager style.
10. Flower button open blazer This type of blazer is not an ordinary one as it’s shorter than the usual but with flower buttons. The unique touch to it approves it as smart casual women office wear which doesn’t necessarily need a formal office dress code. These blazers are great for any outdoor informal client meetings, events or work occasions for an unbeatable elegance. The sophisticated flower button blazer is an inspiration from men’s latest provocation. Pair it down with a satin silk tank top and mini skirt to make you all set for the day.
11. Uneven hem long Button-Down Another version of a button-down with a modern contemporary style. This is the latest trend of the smart casual button down for modest office wear. Such blouses can be styled in various ways. Either embellish with a formal waist belt or simple jewellery to get a classy top. High low button-down can be slain flawlessly to get anyone’s attention.
12. Short Rhinestone Buckle Dress If you are dressed woman more than button-downs and blouses, then a short dress with collar and front pockets can come to the rescue. The collared clothing can fulfil your efficacy of a decent closet where elegance meets the sophistication. You can steal the night with any after-work party or launch event in a gorgeous formal to casual short dress by making you feel comfortable in your skin. Try to match a pair of nude or black heels to elevate your entire work outfit.
13. Open Collar Printed Button Down This type of office wear is for all those ladies who want to dress up out ordinary and go for low-key print on a button-down. It can accentuate your all the smart casual office dress code if you are bored with the classic button-downs. Try only for the subtle prints which are not too bold and wear it by tying the knot in the middle or leave it open.
We were coming all the workwear to an end. Workwear is the most crucial part of our clothing collection if you are a busy working woman. These women require quick fashion solutions to their workwear which is effortless and professional at the same time. All the work outfits should also match with the latest trends, so we continually update our workwear. As most of our time is passed at office places, wearing the right clothes keeps us motivated, and we tend to get more self-confidence. Therefore, it is essential to have attractive work clothing pieces in your closet not to get disappointed.
Lastly, don’t forget to apply the method of layering and recreating looks using some of the wardrobe essentials like the blazer, white button-down and black pants. This ensures that you don’t get bored and avoid repetitive eyes in your workwear routine.